Here I share some of my favourite ways to cope with the colder months and look after your health.
- Chamomile. You can use chamomile tea for sore throats, colds, flu and as a night time natural relaxing drink. If you feel the chill and have a cold, add grated ginger root with the chamomile to aid circulation and clear sinuses.
- Dead Sea Salts, Epsom Salts or Himalayan Salts. Best way to use these mineral salts is in a hot bath or as a body scrub. These salts are packed with minerals including Magnesium which specifically help to reduce muscle soreness and fluid retention. You can buy mineral salts from Boots or pharmacies or bulk order (much cheaper) from Westlabsalts.co.uk.
- Rosemary essential oil. A must have in your bathroom cabinet alongside Lavender oil. Use rosemary in an oil burner or in a bath when you feel drained, fatigued, bloated, have a chesty cold or need to boost your circulation and immunity. It is also an excellent tonic for hair loss and dry scalp.
- Upgrade your Porridge . Do you think porridge is boring? Instead of sugar or jam try adding berries, grated apple & cinnamon, sliced peaches with allspice or banana & coconut with chopped nuts and seeds. Almond milk is also great with porridge and gives a smooth taste with the oats.
- Probiotics. Your friendly bacteria is a ‘ready made army’ to fight off winter bugs and excess candida caused by antibiotics. If you have low immunity and feel run down, its worth giving probiots a try. To get the full benefit you’ll need to buy it in capsule form and check the bacteria count is at least 50billion per capsule.