1. Have some time out on your own to relax and de-stress. It’s important to take time out and forget about the daily routines by having a soothing, nurturing massage. You’ll feel like on a natural high due to the release of endorphins and quietening of the mind after a massage session.
2. Stimulate and detoxify the body. The lymphatic system is the body’s natural defense against toxins and impurities. Massage Therapy stimulates the flow of toxic waste from the muscles, organs and tissues for improved health and digestion.
3. Ease muscle tension and improve flexibility. Massage stimulates blood circulation increasing oxygen and nutrient flow to connective tissue and muscles. This helps remove adhesions in the muscles as well as lubricate joints for increased flexibility.
4. Reduce pain and recover from injuries faster. Massage Therapy can break up scar tissue for more efficient movement. It can improve functional abilities and get rid of excess lactic acid and is a natural painkiller.
5. Improve posture. Regular massage can straighten posture by helping to train muscles to be in the right position allowing for better support to our structure. Therapists will also show you effective stretches to release muscle tension and correct your breathing.
6. Reduces headaches and tension around the face & jaw. Our lifestyles are busier and more stressful which can contribute to having frequent migraines, headaches and tightness around the eyes and jaw. A relaxing face and scalp massage can ease off the pain and smooth out wrinkles and lines too!
7. Prevent injury or illness. Tense muscles tighten and pull the body out of alignment and restrict circulation. Regular Massage Therapy can increase circulation and relax the body to prevent chronic conditions from taking hold.
8. Reduces anxiety and helps you have a good nights sleep. You cant help but feel good after a massage leading to a more positive attitude. Research has shown that regular therapeutic massage not only reduces pain and anxiety but also increases relaxation, which can help reinstate your natural sleep pattern.
9. Softens the skin, boosts immunity and drains excess fluid from the body. Massage increases sebum production, helping to improve the skin’s suppleness and resistance to infection. As the lymphatic drainage is also increased you’ll feel lighter and look great too!
10. Massage restores the vital energy within. When you are able to fully relax and let your physique heal naturally, you can reach a state of balance and harmony in the mind and body. You’ll feel recharged and energized for days and weeks after a massage therapy session.